Refreshing Watermelon and Cucumber Salad
08.08.2017 / by Prajwala Darog
I love to include watermelon in my salads, especially during the hot summer months. Not only they taste great but they also have some amazing health benefits. Both Watermelon and cucumber are mostly made of water and that means, HYDRATION!! They are also rich in Vitamin C and other anti-oxidants making them superfoods for skin health.
I’ve combined these superfoods with some cooling herbs like mint, basil and holy basil to make the salad more refreshing and nourishing.
Watermelon and Cucumber Salad
2 cups Watermelon, cut into bite sized chunks
2 Persian Cucumbers, diced
1tbsp fresh mint, chopped finely
1tbsp fresh basil, chopped finely
1tsp fresh or dried holy basil/tulsi, chopped finely (optional)
Juice of half a lime
Himalayan salt & Black pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the watermelon, cucumbers and the herbs and give it a gentle mix.
- Now add the lime juice, salt and pepper and mix again to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Holy basil or Tulsi is an adaptogenic herb that has innumerable medicinal benefits. It’s optional but it does add a great taste to the salad.
- You can garnish with few slivered almonds or roasted walnuts on top for added crunch.
- Feta crumbles can be added on top for some extra flavor.