Creamy Dreamy Orange Smoothie
28.03.2017 / by Prajwala Darog
I like to use local, seasonal fruits and veggies as much as possible. Spring is here and I’m loving all the oranges that are in season right now. I made this smoothie the other day with fresh oranges from my friend’s garden and it turned out awesome.
This smoothie is creamy, refreshing and nutritious. It’s packed with Vitamin C, healthy fats and protein but most importantly, it tastes amazing!
- 2 naval oranges-peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 ripe banana
- Handful of cashews
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds(optional)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4″ piece turmeric root
- Dash of cinnamon
- Honey or maple syrup(optional)
- 1 cup Almond milk/ coconut milk/ water
- Put the cashews, hemp seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds in a blender and blend.
- Add the oranges, banana, turmeric root, cinnamon and almond milk and blend again until smooth.
- Drizzle some honey/ maple syrup if you like it sweeter. The oranges I used were super sweet so I didn’t use any.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!