05.08.2017 / by Prajwala Darog
Every Saturday I go to the local farmers market with my family. I love experimenting with different combinations of local, seasonal fruits and vegetables that I find. My little one is a big fan of Apricots so I ended up picking up a big box of fresh Apricots a couple of weeks back.
While we love to eat apricots as is, we also love them in smoothies. This smoothie is so creamy and delicious. My little one likes to call it ‘Popsicle smoothie’ coz I sometimes pour this into popsicle molds for a refreshing summer treat!
I make different variations of this recipe. I have included 2 variations here – one with dairy and other without dairy. Please do try both variations, they are equally good.
3 ripe apricots, quartered
1 ripe banana
1/4 c oatmeal
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp hemp seeds
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup Greek yogurt (skip to make it vegan)
1 cup almond milk
- In a blender jar, add the oats and water so the oats can soften while you prep the other ingredients.
- Add in rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust water/ almond milk to get it to the consistency you like.
- Pour into chilled glasses and serve.
- You can add some ice while blending.
- Make this smoothie a little thicker and pour into popsicle molds and freeze for a refreshing summer treat.
- Add more cashews if you are making the dairy-free version.